Saturday, January 15, 2011

Chicken liver pate and Olive Tapenade


The cheese plate is an important "leg of the table" in this house. These are two of our favorite additions.

Chicken liver pate

Active Cooking time : 30 minutes

Cost : 5 bucks (if you have the spices and a bottle of bourbon, which we assume you do. They just give chicken livers away)

Olive Tapenade

A: Now, I trust Saveur, but I was pretty skeptical of the anchovies in this recipe. Gross, I thought... and said at each point along the way as I was making it. But its damn good. And the leftovers keep for about a week in the fridge (when the olive oil separates and hardens a bit, just put it in the microwave for 10 seconds).

Active "Cooking" time: 10 minutes

Cost: $15- because it really is best to find dry-cured olives. I used kalamatas once and it just wasn't the same... too watery.

No comments:

Post a Comment