Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dungeness Crab

On the list of things I will miss most about the Bay Area, Dungeness Crab ranks a close...very close second to my friends there. Dungeness Crab is like a friend. Like a best friend (that you steam and eat with butter). Its my favorite of all the crabs and in season its cheap. Like 3-6 bucks a pound cheap . Just the other day we saw some weird frozen dungeness crab in Lexington for 22/pound. Snow crab it is. I've had dungeness crab a lot of different ways but in the end I think I just prefer ripping into a pile of beautiful crabs, dipping them in butter when I remember, and not stopping until I am well past full. Andrea may have some more specific things to say but right now this is just a little too emotional for me.

A: I just want to point out that I cleaned this crab myself because it was still too frozen for the butcher to clean it when we bought it. You have to remove the penis. It makes Dave cringe whenever I say that, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment